Pintrest

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Solar Powered Clothes Drying Apparatus!

So I  am always looking for ways to save money. I hung up our clothes line and I love the way it makes my clothes smell! But how much does this really save. I used a calculator to figure out what it would be for my dryers. Links will be posted at the end of this post. 

My dryer costs me about .33 cents a load. So every year at approximately 5 loads a week I pay approx. $86. So using the clothes line during the summer it ends up saving me $6.60 a month and a total of $26.40 for all four months I will able to use the clothes line. So its not a big savings. However my window unit costs me $15 a month. So its a discount on my electric bill more than it is a savings. Hanging your clothes out in the summer helps compensate for your AC usage. But it is not saving as much money as people think it is. For me it is less than 10%. 

Tips: 
1. You do not have to have posts like I do. You can tie between two trees get creative. 
2. Depending on where you are located (and remember perverts are everywhere) be careful and mindful on where you hang your unmentionables. 
3. Tension is everything!!! That way your clothes do weigh the line down.
4. I like to spray a little fabric softener on my clothes  after I hang them. 
5. Your electric company's website should have your energy rate, if it is not located on your bill. I have an energy rate of .09 cents.


Sources: 

No comments:

Post a Comment